comment : Off
- Timer: Timer set to a fixed time, often used for rapid charging
- Absolute temperature shutdown: Shut down of charging after a defined temperature has been attained
- Relative temperature shutdown: Measurement of temperature rise and predefined shutdown as soon as a certain value is attained
- Negative delta V method: Precise voltage measurement of the cell, shutdown after a typical voltage drop down of the cells is attained after full charging
- Peak voltage sensor: Shut down by way of an absolute voltage measurement as soon as full charging is attained
- Other combination of these methods can be applied with electronic control of chargers and batteries.